Program Title: "Managing Organizational
Change – Practical Strategies for Leading During Turbulent and Challenging
Activity Sponsor: PMINJ Chapter (C020)
meeting slides can be downloaded.
This presentation addresses the impact of change
within an organization and focuses on strategies and techniques that will
assist managers and leaders in overcoming the resistance typically experienced
during significant changes in operations, organizational structure and changes
in business strategy. The presentation addresses the potentially destructive
aspects of change and offers techniques that will assist in developing a
positive attitude about change including effective communication and creating
a change ready organization.
- Assessment of change management skills
- The change control process
- Preparing to become change ready
- Sources of organizational change
- Lessons learned about organizational change
- Indicators of change
- Charging up an organization to expect and accept change
- Strategies for communicating and managing change
How You Will Benefit
- Identify the major challenges associated with organizational
- Improve awareness of the impact of change on team members
- Provide techniques for determining individual and organizational
- Provide tools and techniques for developing a change management
- Minimize the negative or destructive effects of change
- Develop solutions to resolve conflicts and influence team
members to accept and support change.
- Turn existing
difficult situations into opportunities for organizational advancement
- Create an organization
that will expect and be prepared for change
- Develop a positive
attitude toward change
Frank P. Saladis, PMP was the Originator/Founder of the International
Project Management Day and PMI's 2006 Person of the Year. Frank is a PMP,
a graduate from the PMI Leadership Institute class, and has been very involved
with PMI as the president of the New York City PMI chapter for ten years
as well as holding many other leadership positions. An accomplished leader
in project management, Frank is the author of 7 published books and over
100 articles, as well as the past editor of the All PM Newsletter. Frank
has entertained countless audiences with project management songs as his
way of sharing his humor and passion for project management. He is the President
of Blue Marble Enterprizes and a senior project management instructor with
the International Institute of Learning (IIL).
Career Networking LCI:
meeting this month.
Topic: Meet & Great
Practice your networking skills in a friendly audience!
Meet your fellow PMs, name your target firms and industries, develop contacts,
and let your network know how to help you. Offer your help as well - share
contact info and follow up after the meeting.
Join us before the dinner meeting, bring your business cards, and have fun
No meeting this