All participants for the PMOY and
POY will be eligible to win one complementary pass to
the PMINJ International Project Management Day in
November 2017. Submit your nomination form to enter
the IPM Day raffle.
The PMINJ Project Manager of the Year
Award (PMOY) recognizes and honors a PMINJ
Project Manager for their skills and accomplishments
in the execution of a project and the advancement of
the project management profession. PMINJ believes
Project Managers bring “true” value to an organization
and are often the catalyst in bringing positive change
to an organization.
- Nominee shall be a member of the PMINJ Chapter
and shall be a good standing
- Nominee must have served in the capacity of a
project manager with a minimum of 3 years of
- Nominee’s project was completed in 2016.
- Nominee shall be willing to provide detailed
information concerning the project
- Nominee shall have engaged in activities that
promotes the practice of project management
- Nominee shall ensure there are no restrictions
on the use of submitted information and
permission has been obtained for the use of any
- Nominee shall not be a member of the PMINJ
- Self-Nominating is not permitted
Some of the items that the evaluators are looking for
- The Nominator will fill out the Nomination
Form and send via email to
- The PMINJ Director-Project Awards or designee
will contact the nominator to confirm receipt
and eligibility of the nomination package.
- A panel of three judges, including the PMINJ
Director-Project Awards, will review all the
submitted applications and select 3-5 finalists
to continue to the next step.
- The final evaluation process will consist of
telephone interviews of the top 3 nominees.
- The panel will submit their individual scores
to the Director-Project Awards for final
- Based on the tabulation, a nominee will be
selected as the PMOY winner. An Honorable
Mention PMOY may or may not be selected.
- The Director will notify the PMOY winner(s) at
the conclusion of the evaluation process.
- The nominations, evaluation process and scores
are proprietary to PMINJ and will not be
disclosed to nominators or nominees.
- If none of the nominees reflect the level of
achievement expected, PMINJ reserves the right
not to present an award.
- Nominations must be sent via email to
and must be received by September 1, 2017.
- Nominator ensures there are no restrictions on
the use of submitted information and permission
has been obtained for the use of copyrighted
materials included in the nomination package.
- Complete Nomination Form in its entirety,
along with any supplementary documentation.
- PMINJ is looking for PMs with a unique project
management “story” that demonstrates creativity
and innovation in advancing the project
- Significance of achievement – benefit to the
economy, society or NJ community.
- Demonstrated project management leadership
skills and the ability to overcome adversity.
- One PMOY award will be presented at the
November 14, 2017 chapter meeting. PMINJ will
provide complementary registration to the
November chapter meeting for the PMOY and one
- In addition, one Honorable Mention PMOY may or
may not be selected. PMINJ will provide
complementary registration to the November
chapter meeting for the Honorable Mention PMOY
and one guest.
- The PMINJ Newsletter shall feature the winning
PMOY. Press releases shall be made to external
media for the presentation of the award. The
recipient may also coordinate additional
publicity with PMINJ in coordination with the
- 01 Sep 2017 – Deadline for Nomination Forms
- 01 Oct 2017 – Finalist will be announced
- 14 Nov 2017 - PMOY is announced at the PMINJ
View Project Managers
that have won the award over the years.
PMINJ Project Manager of
Year Nomination Form and Guidelines
For additional information and submission:
Louis A. Vazquez (Director-Project Awards)